Working in Ontario
Information about work permits can be found in the Working in Ontario section of the Ontario Immigration website.

Ontario residents are eligible for provincially-funded health coverage (OHIP), which provides universal coverage for medically necessary services, including visits to the doctor of your choice, surgical fees and hospital ward coverage. To be eligible for Ontario health coverage you must:

OHIP coverage normally becomes effective three months after the date you establish residency in Ontario. Information about OHIP, including application and coverage information, is available on the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care website.

The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) provides insurance to pay for the cost of hospital and medical services that employees and their families might need to maintain their health while in Canada during the OHIP waiting period. For more information about UHIP, please visit the UHIP website. To apply for UHIP coverage, please contact your HR Advisor.

Ontario College of Art & Design 100 McCaul Street Toronto, Ontario M5T 1W1 Canada Tel. 416.977.6000 Fax. 416.977.6000 © OCAD 2007